Monday, August 31, 2015

Location, location, location

In a lot of the 20th century tarot decks, The Five of Coins is bad news.  It carries with it a sense of foreboding. It's another of the many ways that I part paths with these en-visioned decks.

Four coins surround a fifth, all separated by the leafy filigree.  The coins bring to mind the physical world, including things such as our spaces (home, work, the natural world), our finances (money, wages, gifts, financial windfalls), our valued relationships (the people we treasure), and our bodily existence (physical health). 

The card brings to mind the compass points.  North, South, East, West, and Here -- the place where I am now, the space occupied by the center card.  How  is my physical environment?  I made a half-hearted effort to clean my room this weekend (I spend a lot of time there). The kitchen is a disaster.  My office space at work is an absolute mess.  What effect does this have?  Though I'm far from a neat freak, I do feel the weight of the chaos around me.  Sure, I can accept the flux (fives are numbers of being on the move, changing things), but I also like to have stuff cleaned and in their place so they don't take up head space.  

So today I'll take a second look at the spaces I find myself in and act to bring a little order to the chaos.     I understand the idea of not investing too much energy in a perfectedly clean and organized home at the expense of other healthy endeavors, but our physical surroundings do influence our moods so it's important not to neglecdt them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment