Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Intellect Takes Charge!

The King of Swords sits so confidently on his throne, his red sword showing us a passionate intellect in action.  It's no wonder then that I can relate this morning's card as I pulled it in it's reversed position. 

At work I've been put in charge of a committee which has no real defined purpose.  Our group has met but hasn't come up with any concrete plan as to what it will be and do. I've felt powerless.  I need to decide how I can lead the group to produce something valuable for the school or I need to speak with my boss and explain why the original purpose of the group was ill-conceived.

The matter did keep me awake last night.  How can I take control of the situation and have that confidence to make a good choice here?  In the reversed position, the King was looking to the left, some might say the past.  Am  I only looking at the struggle the group has faced trying to identify a purpose?  Have I surrendered the idea that this group could possibly benefit our colleagues?  There are two faces on the shoulders of the King's armour.  What can I learn from the past tat will bring about  something in the future?  

This matter will require my intellect to overcome any insecurity.  I'll also have to rely on the other members of the committe and not have a "my way or the highway" position.  

Sure its possible to be too cerebral about things, but let's not forget that we have brains and we should use them.  In many cases the intellect steps in where personal or emotional insecurity are blocking our way to solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment