Sunday, September 6, 2015

Pizza anyone?

Could a Tarot cord really refer to something as mundane as pizza?  In my world it surely can!

After drawing the Eight of Coins this morning I was a bit stimied as to how the card would relate to the day, a Sunday on a holiday weekend.  My immediate thoughts for this card are usually in the realm of my work, my finances, and even my home and family.

The Eight of Coins calls to mind industry, not just big industry like manufacturing, but personal industy as well.  And then my mind centered on my upcoming day.  Today I'm having a cookout--pizzas of every sort.   I had gotten up at three this morning to make yet another pizza dough.  I already have five others in the fridge which I started  yesterday.  It's a lot of work, but it's something I love doing, and I have to say the pizzas that I make are pretty tasty.  Ok, they are better than just about any other pizza I've ever tasted.  There, I said it.  :)

So I'm seeing a kind of perfection from this card, not necessarily the perfection of a pizza, but the perfection that comes when one's interest and industry come together to make something.  The Eight of Coins would be the card of my father, who started his own business, and though he made a lot of money from it, it was his intense love of working with customers that made him go to work every day with such enthusiasm.  

Yes, the work is hard, but if the passion is there, it's a joy to do the work.  I wonder how many people find a calling that allows for this union.  If we aren't there yet, we should definitely keep searching, don't you think?

Now, did the HAND OF FATE make the Coin card come up today because coins look like pizzas?  You'll have to decide that for yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment